When traveling, many people don’t consider traveling alone. A friend or family member is always in mind, but let me tell you that solo traveling is AMAZING.
Here are 5 reasons why you should seriously consider solo traveling for your next getaway:
- Liberty to set your own itinerary- When you travel alone you have the freedom to set your own itinerary. There’s no waiting on your friends to finish doing their hair before you can leave the hotel, or there’s no need for a vote on whether to leave the museum early. You set your own time and rules and do what you want. It’s wonderful.
- Self discovery– Every solo trip I have ever taken has given me a greater sense of purpose. I’ve learned to appreciate the little things more. Solo traveling gives you the freedom and power to feel confident in what you do. Since you don’t have anyone to talk to [because you’re traveling alone], you get a chance to get lost in your thoughts and learn a little more about yourself along the way.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Meet new people– Personally, I have met so many cool new people from all over the world through solo traveling. Staying at hostels is a great way to meet people on a solo trip! I stayed at The Green Tortoise in San Fransisco on a solo trip and fell in love! I remember walking up the stairs at 4 in the morning and being greeted by six very interesting and free spirited individuals having a jam session in the cafeteria lounge. A lot of these people have their own story and reason why they’re there and I loved listening to everyone’s stories and experiences.
- Financial Freedom– You can spend as much or as little as you want on your trip. It’s totally up to you!
- THE EXPERIENCE!– Traveling on its own is an adventure in its self. Traveling alone allows you to experience travel in a different light. It’s a chance to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. There is no telling what solo traveling can do for you.
All in all, I truly believe solo traveling is a great way to adventure out and see the world and I encourage travelers to give it a try.