We all know how hard it can be to wake up in the morning and while it’s super easy to roll over in bed and grab your phone that is most likely extremely close by…. DON’T! We know that that quick Instagram check is going to turn into 20-30 minutes and then you just won’t feel like getting up. My solution to this problem is simple; just place your phone further from your bedside.
Now that your phone is no longer a distraction, here is a list of seven steps on how to wake up in a better mood (if you’re not a morning person, like me) and have a productive morning to start the day!
I’d first like to start off by saying that I think the most important part (at least for me) of starting off to having a good day is waking up in a good mood and feeling good about yourself as well as your surroundings.
- Stretch- The very first thing I like to do when I wake up is stretch. It allows me to physically wake up and gain some energy for battling the day.
- Open the blinds- Opening the blinds allows some sunlight into your room which will open those drowsy eyes and will prepare you for the day. This could be a good time to look out the window and reflect.
- Read affirmations- This is a step that has to be done before hand but will surely boost your mood everyday! You can either buy a book or calendar with mantras/affirmations already in them, or you can print your own! Some examples of great affirmations to get the day started include: “Today I will be amazing at everything I do”, “I will treat others with kindness today”, “I am worth love and happiness”. Be consistent and make sure to read these affirmations every morning.
- Make your bed- This is a very important task that must be completed in order to start and end your day productive. Who doesn’t like who come home from a busy day to a nicely made bed?
- Groom yourself- Brush your teeth and hair and wash your face! Washing your face with some cold water is amazing in the morning. That splash of cold water is sure to wake you up, and it has health benefits such as: closing your pores so that dirt will not enter and working as an anti-wrinkle agent.
- Gear up- Get dressed, pack your backpack, your lunch, and any other essentials you will need for the day. This step is important to keep you prepared for the day.
- Plan!– It’s essential to plan for the day/week so you don’t get stressed out about forgetting to do something or procrastinating. You can use a planner or
With practice, these simple steps can easily help you get out of bed more quickly and with lots more energy!